Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas

As you may have noticed, or may not, that is, not many people read this blog, yet (hooray for positive thinking that my family/friends will post eventually).... *rambling* I haven't posted for a bit. That is because we have been busy with all the holiday procrastina... I mean PREPERATIONS. *cough cough* Been eating, and decorating, and eating, and wrapping, and eating, and writing, and did I mention eating?

We finally got all the presents wrapped and under the tree last night. My girl cried a week in advance when we first started putting stuff under the tree because she wanted to open the "pwesents" right then and there. Our son kept asking, "whose this for and this one and which one is mine?" over and over. There is a shot of the presents before demolition, and a couple shots of old ornaments with our kid's pictures in them. Of course, there is also shots of the ACTUAL demolition of the gifts. It took the kids less than a minute to rip off all the paper, and it took 30 minutes for Daddy and Mommy to remove all the "stuff" that attached the gifts to their respective wrappers.


From Daddy and Mommy, Little man of course got his transformers and makes the sound effects for them, naturally. He has one figured out, and is having Daddy transform the other one until he gets the hang of it. Girlie pants got stuff for her dollhouse (the dollhouse was a past birthday gift from Auntie and Uncle, lovingly and neurotically painted by Auntie aka Momma Pajama http://momma-pajama.blogspot.com/) From Uncle and Auntie, our son got rubix cube toys, and girl got princess heels (with Daddy looking like he was going to cry when she put them on). From good friends, there was an Ariel book and nightlight and Spiderman school supplies and puzzle. My hubby surprised me with an ipod. Now, I just have to get used to it. They are so tiny, sometimes I feel like I might break it.


We went to a good friend's house for dinner and had a great time. Ate a lot, of course. The two teenage daughters have been baby sitting for us for years now and we have known this family for years, even years before our son was born. How time flies. So, in the group shots with just the "young'uns" it's our kids, our nephews (my husband's brother's two boys) and the two sisters.

1 comment:

Vandoren Academy said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you Sushi Mama! Your family is so cute! Congratulations on the ipod! I still don't have one but maybe next year Santa (aka my Hubby) will get my hints. ;)