Saturday, December 15, 2007

Knitted Cowl


Knitted a cowl, at least, that is what I think it is called. I am not an experienced knitter, I have more dexterity with crocheting. General instructions since I was just playing with this. This is just knit on front, purl on back on needle sizes 2 larger than recommended for yarn you would like to use. Whatever your gauge ends up being, it's roughly a little over a foot wide and I just kept knitting until it would wrap around my shoulders twice with the drape I thought looked good then just joined the edges. It also could go over my head like a hood and still wrap once around the neck, although hubby said to wear it like that I would need very large square sunglasses and a convertible to match. It's very warm and I used it today while giving out plates of cookies to the neighbors (yes, some finally DID make it out of the house).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the cowl! You are "supermom" at it's best. Is there anything you can't do? I'd be surprised. You look absolutely beautiful. Miss ya!

Joanne