Saturday, November 1, 2008

Autumn


Last week went with a group of ladies from my Church to go visit an orchard in Cashmere, Washington. My sweet sister-in-law thought that in recent happenings of stress in my life I needed a bit of a girlie get away so she signed me up. Had a tour of a pear orchard, hay ride, apple tasting, and an outdoor lunch underneath beautiful turning leaves with the smell of ripe fruit dancing in the air. Lunch consisting of apple salad, apple chicken spread, apple pie and apple cider was served buffet style. After that we had a one hour jaunt in the next town of Leavenworth which is Bavarian themed. Fun times. Here are a few tiny pears in the hand of one of the owners. And here is a picture of me and my sister-in-law on the hay ride. We may share the same last name, but appearance wise we are pretty gosh darn different.

No comments: