Friday, August 15, 2008

Family Times

Here are all of our nephews. We had family come to visit, and the one on the left is from Guam, he came with Grandma. To celebrate Grandpa's birthday (he flew in the opposite direction from business in Oklahoma) we went to a local Chinese restaurant for dinner. The three boys thought it would be fun to treat the shanghai rolls as cigars for this photo. It was a very busy dinner. There were 13 of us around the table. Noisy affair with all of us talking over each other and trying to get the younger ones to do what we want. Still, it was delicious.


Also, during the family visits, my brother-in-law had a retirement party and it was pot-luck. I was so excited, I haven't had to cook such a big portion since we left the island. I decided to make "pancit bihon". I made so much that even before the party I gave some away to neighbors. There was so much food and our father and mother-in-law got into providing some islander food as well with "red rice" and "tanak tak" *forgive me if the spelling is off* and coconut cream pie. I kept eating and eating and eating. I really hurt after everything was said and done, but it really tasted good.

Uncle (second oldest on the left) also flew in from New York. Here he is with my kids and my hubby (who is the third oldest). The kids had a blast with him and was asking about him for a week after he had already left. I think my sister-in-law and I influenced him to perhaps get an ice cream maker. We made everything from lavender lemon and rhubarb sorbet. Share the calories, I mean, share the love. :)

1 comment:

Paula Adams Perez said...

I love your new header! And thanks for the lavender ice cream! I, I mean, WE finished it off!