Saturday, January 12, 2008

Will versus Skill

We have a former babysitter who just turned 18. They also just moved into a new house, so her room is pretty bare. She told me she wanted to get organized. So, to help along I decided to get her a magnet board, but of course, plain boring white just won't do.
Sometimes I get an idea to jazz something up, and it's a battle between my "will" and my actual "skill". This turned out okay. I took the board, covered it with some purple fabric that matches her bed spread and hot glue gunned it. Got fabric ribbon and did the same for the edges. There are one or two tiny spots that show the glue, but nothing major. I found some old buttons and glued those to some magnets (The two spots you see on the board. The back looks like a mess though since I left the edges of the fabric raw, so just going to paint over the loose threads with a sealant. If I was adept/more patient with sewing, I would have seemed the edges first. But, what's done is done.

No comments: