Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Baking Season


Tis the season to be baking, and I have been. I had these great plans of making these cookie platters for neighbors, make a different kind every few days and put them together at the end of the week. I started out with pecan crusted thumbprints (2 different flavors). I made about 4 dozen. Other than the dozen I gave my brother and sister in law's family, they never made it out of the house. Two days ago, I baked a quadruple batch of orange pecan biscotti, my 5 going on 6 year old son loved them (my 4 year old girl didn't care for them though so at least that slowed down them disappearing), so does my husband and so do I. A fourth of that is gone. In fact, I am wiping crumbs off the keyboard since I just had one with my early morning coffee. Yesterday afternoon, I made a tray of the ever easy, every popular rice crispies treats. A third of that is gone. Do you see a pattern here? Maybe if I just bake larger quantities I can follow through with the cookie platters......

No comments: